We’re always searching for ways to incorporate vegetables into dinner. A sneak attack if you will. This four ingredient recipe is just the trick.
1 washed Sweet Potato
3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, part skim, shredded
1 tsp oil
Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Wash sweet potato with Purely Essential Fruit and Vegetable Wash, use scrub brush if needed. Pat dry.
- Slice sweet potato into chunks, place in blender or food processor, blend until finely chopped
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a skillet over medium heat, add sweet potato pieces
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until potato pieces are soft.
- Transfer to a large bowl, combine sweet potato with egg, breadcrumbs and seasonings.
- Roll the sweet potato mixture into tot pieces with your hands (small rectangles). Mixture should make approximately 10-12 large tots.
- Evenly space the tots on a baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes, then turn each tot over and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until brown and crisp.
Serve with dip if you would like: honey mustard, spicy aioli sauce, or the always requested ketchup.