Modern industrial farming is a fact of life. Unfortunately, pesticides used in agricultural practices can be harmful, especially for our children. The statistics are alarming:
- The average American child gets 5+ servings pesticide residues in their food and water every day. whatsonmyfood.org (Pesticide Action Network)
- Relative to their weight and size, children ingest more food and drink more water and breathe more air than adults. http://www.nrdc.org/health/kids/ocar/chap2.asp
- 888 million lbs of pesticides are applied each year in the US. That’s 3 lbs per person.epa.gov
- Each year roughly 1 in 6 Americans (or 48 million people) get sick, 128,000 are hospitalized, and 3,000 die of foodborne diseases. www.cdc.gov/foodborneburden/
- Less than 1% of the produce that comes into the USA is inspected. Government officials simply cannot regulate our borders with volumes such as these.http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/MONEY/INDUSTRIES/FOOD/2007-03-18-FOOD-SAFETY-USAT_N.htm
- According to the Environmental Working Group, 1 out of 4 times a child under 6 years of age eats a peach, he or she is exposed to an unsafe dose of insecticides.
- 45 different pesticide residues were detected in one strawberry sample. whatsonmyfood.org (Pesticide Action Network)
- 6 suspected hormone disruptors were found on cranberries. These chemicals are linked to cancers, obesity, and developmental disorders. whatsonmyfood.org (Pesticide Action Network)
- It takes, on average, approximately 12 countries to fill up a grocery aisle in your local grocery store. Initially discovered on 20/20, CHR conducts samplings periodically and consistently discovers 12-16 different countries in various major chain grocery stores.
Protect your family’s health. Purely Essential Fruit and Vegetable Wash helps you eat the RDA of fruits and vegetables without compromising your health. Try it—with our money back guarantee, your purchase is risk-free.