A healthy twist on taco night using fresh zucchini straight from the garden. Wash all produce with Purely Essential Fruit and Vegetable Wash before using in your recipes.
- 4 large zucchinis
- 1/2 cup favorite salsa
- 3/4 lb. ground beef, browned
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 small red bell pepper, washed, seeded and diced
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced green onion, chopped cilantro, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash produce with Purely Essential Fruit and Vegetable Wash
- Slice the zucchini, lengthwise and then drop into the boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove carefully with tongs and place on towel to dry. Add the salsa to the bottom of a 9×13-inch glass baking dish and nestle the zucchini into the dish.
- If necessary, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain and return to the pan. Stir in the tomato sauce, diced bell pepper, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to simmer, remove from heat.
- Once the zucchini has cooled to touch, use a spoon or melon baller to remove the core of the zucchini.
- Spoon the taco meat into the zucchini
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro & green onion garnish